Are you ready to work with communications providers who are passionate and excited about the prospect of bringing advanced communications and broadband services to the most rural parts of the country? Our clients are focused on providing broadband to rural areas where broadband is needed the most.
We support our clients by providing business consulting and helping them navigate the complexities of state and federal funding programs, which make delivering broadband economically feasible. Our clients look to us to assess the wide array of opportunities, the associated obligations, and strategic direction.
We have helped our clients win approximately $350 million in grant funding over the last three years. With a 93% success rate with the last round of funding from the Rural Utilities Service and 95 applications just submitted for the most recent round of funding, we are ramping up for what comes next!
Now, we are in a period of accelerated growth, providing even more support to existing clients and new clients to help them bring broadband to underserved areas!
Our ideal candidate is someone with a passion for connectivity, communications, and client service, working in a cross-matrixed and cross-functional environment. You will work as part of the newly formed Grants team, helping communications companies apply for the vast amount of state and federal broadband funding, thereby improving their ability to provide more services to their clients and to expand their current footprint. This position will be remote.
- Research and compare funding opportunities such as federal and state grants, private grants and commercial loans that would best fit the clients’ needs.
- Develop an implementation plan for clients to apply for grants or funding by preparing a summary of application requirements, checklists, templates, and guidance on post- award activities.
- Project manage the application process with client personnel and several JSI departments such as finance, engineering, and mapping groups, completing work products in a timely manner and meeting the application deadlines.
- Provide written reports to clients.
- Prepare written narratives for applications.
- Create product definitions, pricing, and methods for clients to differentiate their products from competitors.
- Research market trends and develop new broadband services for clients.
- Additional duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree required with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in the telecommunications industry in operations, regulatory, or marketing fields.
- Project management experience.
- Experience coordinating client input with a multi-departmental internal team to complete projects on time and on budget.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Self-starter with a great attitude.
- Ability to hit the ground running.
- Excellent problem solving and customer service skills.
- Proficiency in software programs such as Microsoft Office (Outlook, Teams, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to details and the ability to manage and prioritize simultaneous assignments in a fast-paced, dynamic, and high-volume and ambiguous environment.
- Ability to build trusting relationships with stakeholders at various levels across the organization.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- This role will have minimum billable hours requirement.
JSI is the leader in consulting and broadband solutions for Rural and Tier II Service Providers. Over the past several years, JSI has expanded its services from compliance and regulatory consulting to business and finance consulting. JSI also acquired two broadband engineering firms and now offers engineering, implementation, and managed broadband services. With billions of dollars of new investments every year and the critical need to extend broadband offerings across the country, the US communications space is growing rapidly. JSI is well-positioned to partner with our clients to help them succeed.
Interested candidates are strongly encouraged to apply here.