The international traffic and revenue reporting, which has been made in the past under Section 43.61 of the FCC’s rules, is now effective under Section 43.62. Clients can expect to see other changes as well when they prepare and file their annual reports, due July 31, 2015.
Beginning this year, all reports must be made in a new online system. The FCC’s International Bureau will announce when the new Section 43.62 filing system is ready to accept traffic and revenue reports.
This reporting applies if your company:
1) Holds a Section 214 international authorization and provided service in 2014;
2) Holds a Section 214 international authorization and did not provide service in 2014; or
3) (NEW in 2015) Is a VoIP provider that provided international VoIP service connected to the PSTN in 2014.
The online filing will provide for the streamlined reporting of pure resellers with international revenue under $5 million for the reporting period, and will eliminate the need to separately file a letter certifying you are under that threshold.
JSI recommends clients begin gathering the following to prepare for the online filing:
- FRN and FRN password of your long distance entity;
- 499 Filer ID of long distance entity; and
- Applicable International Section 214 authorization number(s).
JSI will advise clients when the filing window has been announced for the 2015 reports. If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact Kim Waldvogel in JSI’s Maryland office at 301-459-7590.
Source: Source email