JSI plans to host a webinar on May 28 on the auction process
On May 18, 2020, the FCC published a news release announcing that it will vote June 9 on the final procedures for the $16 billion Rural Digital Opportunity Fund (RDOF) auction (Auction 904). According to the news release, the forthcoming auction procedures “strike a balance between building sustainable networks that will meet the needs of the future while maximizing the number of locations that receive service.” Additionally, the FCC announced the tentative schedule of the RDOF auction:
- Online auction application tutorial would be available by June 15
- Short-form application (FCC Form 183) filing window would open July 1
- Short-form application (FCC Form 183) filing window would close July 15, 6:00 p.m. EDT
- Auction bidding tutorial would be available online by October 14
- Mock auction would begin October 26
- Auction would begin October 29
Once the draft procedures become available, JSI will review them in detail to determine if any significant changes differ from the CAF Phase II auction procedures, and how it may impact clients interested in participating in the auction.
JSI will have a webinar on Thursday, May 28 to cover in-depth the auction methodology, updating eligibility maps based on the challenges, options for bidding as a consortium or as a standalone entity, the short-form application requirements, and the technical and financial sections that interested participants can begin working on right now in advance of the application window.