ABOUT JSI & OUR MISSION:
For the past 60 years, JSI has been one of the undisputed leaders in consulting and broadband solutions for Rural and Tier II Service Providers. To support its strategic expansion, JSI is now seeking, on behalf of its Mid-State Consultants division, several talented Outside-Plant (OSP) Data Collector/Staker.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Generally, a Mid-State Consultants OSP Data Collector/Staker will be expected to perform field work-type data collection and staking. This position will work alongside experienced Engineers and Stakers to learn fiber optic cable counts, color coding, splicing configurations, and construction techniques that will be relevant to any work in the telecommunications field.
- Conducting site walks
- Collecting relevant information to accurately document existing measurements and proposed placements
- Making notations of land conditions and other relevant structures or landmarks
- Determining the ideal location for new underground, buried, or aerial facilities and equipment
- Creating hand-drawn or computer-aided design (CAD) sketches of recommended engineering plans while in the field
- Accurately depicting construction route opportunities on work prints/staking sheets
- Traveling for extended periods of time.
JOB REQUIREMENTS & ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS:
- No field experience is required
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office programs, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to learn new computer skills and programs efficiently
- Highly organized, self-starter, and detail-oriented
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication skills
- Superior time management and strong attention to detail
- Must be capable of performing repetitive physical motions that include bending, standing, climbing, and walking on uneven terrain (in varied weather conditions)
- Must provide own vehicle, but will be paid per mile
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed
- This position requires US Citizenship or a Permanent Resident status
- Pay commensurate with experience and skills.
- Full benefits are available.
- We offer training and career advancement in all open positions.