JSI is the consulting and broadband solutions leader for Rural and Tier II Service Providers. Over the past several years, JSI has expanded its services from compliance and regulatory consulting to business and finance consulting. In addition, with the recent acquisition of two broadband engineering firms, JSI is offering engineering, implementation, and managed services of broadband solutions. With billions of dollars of new investments every year and the critical need to extend broadband offerings across the country, the US communications space has been growing rapidly, and JSI is well-positioned to partner with our clients to help them succeed.
We are in a period of unprecedented growth and are seeking Licensed Professional Engineers to support our Outside Plant Engineering Services and assist with the designs, plans, and specifications for the electronics providing broadband services. Specific assignments can include oversight and interaction with the personnel creating and implementing OSP and ISP Plans & Specifications, construction inspection, and contract administration services. This requires interface with the clients (mainly rural and smaller telecommunications providers) and our internal teams across the country for Design Services.
- Coordinate engineering guidelines and processes throughout the OSP and ISP Engineering teams – and with the client’s staff.
- Implement and monitor proper project status reporting, including internal controls to manage personnel and operational costs.
- ‘Gap Analysis’ to help determine the suitability and sufficiency of proposed solutions for the client’s desired outcomes.
- Optimal planning and use of the existing infrastructure, software, and skillsets of the client.
- Assist in assessing current trends and emerging developments within the broadband industry to ensure the Company’s competency, compliance, and expertise.
- Remains abreast of best practices and trends relevant to Fiber/Network Construction and Design technologies.
- Manages and coaches employees to increase engagement and strengthen professional development.
- Continually strives to develop talent within the Construction organization to promote individual development and career growth.
- Intrastate and regional travel required up to 20% of working time.
- Responsibilities may require occasional evening and weekend work based on business opportunities and client requirements.
- Ultimately, we require Professional Engineer Licenses (preferably in Electrical Engineering) or at least a degree from an ABET-certified university and several years of relevant experience that will lead to successful completion of the tests and licensing process.
- Ability to make decisions for large and small scope projects and adjust quickly, with minimal oversight.
- Coordinate with nationwide teams for major projects and services.
- Requires an end-to-end understanding of OSP, Planning, Engineering, and Construction. Direct experience with RUS specifications is a plus.
- Knowledge of FTTP and OSP networking, some Wireless, some legacy infrastructure, and a good understanding of external resource sourcing.
- Leadership and strategic management skills to develop, coach, and direct a team’s performance to meet schedules and objectives.
At JSI, you will have a career that is rewarding and challenging on every level of the organization.
JSI is committed to providing our employees with:
- Professional growth and development opportunities
- A diverse, dynamic, and stimulating work environment
- Educational opportunities
- Work-life balance
- A competitive salary and benefits package