-Not A Remote Position-
ABOUT JSI & OUR MISSION:
For the past 60 years, JSI has been one of the undisputed leaders in consulting and broadband solutions for Rural and Tier II Service Providers. JSI recently acquired Mid-State Consultants, Inc. To support its strategic expansion, JSI is now seeking on behalf of its Mid-State Consultants division an experienced Outside-Plant (OSP) Engineer Foreman.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
In general, an OSP Engineer Foreman will be responsible for handling the design, field notes, pricing, and drafting of both copper and fiber facilities for multiple projects. An OSP Engineer II’s essential functions will include but are not limited to:
- Manage multiple client projects to ensure clear communication and ultimate success
- Meet weekly with the client to discuss project progress
- Responsible for submitting reports
- Engineering routine and specific outside plant work orders, using any combination of aerial, buried or underground cable
- Copper and fiber optic cable engineering
- Performing field visits
- Completing projects with short turnaround times
JOB REQUIREMENTS & ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS:
- Must have at least two (2) years’ experience in telecom engineering
- Must possess advanced knowledge of outside plant design for business-as-usual (BAU)
- Must have copper and fiber optic cable experience using aerial, underground and direct buried practices
- Must be capable of taking of detailed field notes
- Must possess working knowledge of basic office software, such as Microsoft Office, Outlook, and Excel
- A working understanding of the RUS (Rural Utility Standards) coding process and practices is preferred
- NDS and AutoCAD experience is preferred
- Experience with Google Earth Pro, GIS and ESRI is desired
- Experience assisting in ROW acquisition is a plus
- Must be willing to live in Alaska for this position.
- This position requires US Citizenship or a Permanent Resident status
- Competitive Wages: $53.50/ hour an hour, plus over-time
- Opportunity for travel – Company Vehicle Provided!
- This position includes AMAZING BENEFITS, such as life, health, dental, vision, and more.
- 401K plan, Money Market, and More! (100% Employer Contribution)