JSI is the consulting and broadband solutions leader for Rural and Tier II Service Providers. Over the past several years, JSI has expanded its services from compliance and regulatory consulting to business and finance consulting. In addition, with the recent acquisition of two broadband engineering firms, JSI is offering engineering, implementation, and managed services of broadband solutions. With billions of dollars of new investments every year and the critical need to extend broadband offerings across the country, the US communications space has been growing rapidly, and JSI is well-positioned to partner with our clients to help them succeed.
To support our strategic expansion, JSI is seeking an experienced OSP Program Manager who will be responsible for leading and managing large, Outside Plant (OSP) Fiber to the Home (FTTH) network design and implementation projects.
This role is responsible for successful execution of assigned OSP FTTH network design and implementation projects across multiple markets which will build our nation’s infrastructure by delivering the transformative power of gigabit fiber access to rural communities.
The OSP Program Manager has overall responsibility for the successful execution of FTTH design and implementation projects. They manage OSP Resident Engineers, who oversee OSP Inspectors and the construction teams to ensure that work is completed on time and within budget, to the required standard. The OSP Program Manager provides leadership across the entire team to strategically manage risk, monitor finances, provide the required status updates to the customer, and ensure each phase of work is delivered based on the schedule.
This role requires an individual with strong leadership, facilitation, project management and client relationship skills. This position will partner across the JSI organization, construction vendors, and the client’s organization to plan and execute project delivery.
If you have a track record of successfully managing complex OSP FTTH, FTTX, or other construction projects, as well as strong leadership, emotional intelligence, and facilitation skills, then this role is for you!
- Oversees and drives the delivery of the overall OSP FTTH project.
- Monitor construction progress, oversee scheduling, and ensure project quality.
- Primary interface with the client. Build strong working relationships providing regular status updates, facilitating alignment meetings, and leading escalation discussions.
- Directly oversees work of Fiber Design Managers, Staking Managers, CAD Drafting Supervisors, Permit Specialists, Schematic Engineers, Resident Engineers, Invoicing Managers, and Supply and Logistics Managers assigned to the overall program.
- Coordinate closely with Professional Engineer to ensure engineering design plans are understood and followed.
- Manages a dynamic and complex supply chain inventory of materials and logistics.
- Builds strong working relationships with construction vendors to ensure a high-quality, on-schedule, and within budget construction.
- Making strategic decisions and providing leadership and direction to project managers to implement those decisions.
- Managing regular meetings with clients, stakeholders, and project managers to report on project progress and manage risks.
- Ensures the detailed project plan is followed and drives the entire team to work together to achieve results.
- Comfort with fast-paced environments and regular multi-tasking and reprioritization.
- This position is integral to our vision, strategy, and overall growth plans and requires strong leadership, people skills, and problem-solving abilities.
- 8+ years of experience successfully managing complex OSP FTTH Construction projects
- Prior experience as an OSP Resident, OSP Engineer, or similar role is preferred
- Experience in telecommunications industry, outside plant or construction industry preferred
- Strong facilitation skills, the ability to manage and mentor bright young engineering minds through influence and problem solving while still able to ‘roll up your sleeves’ and get things done
- Comfort in a rapidly changing environment with competing and shifting priorities
- Strong sense of urgency
- Ability to positively manage customer expectations
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills, as well as listening and interpretation skills
- Superior people management skills, focusing on leading in a firm, positive way that fosters a robust team environment
- A high degree of professionalism and integrity
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Teams)
- Experience with AutoCAD, Google Earth, or GIS platforms, a plus
- Depending on home location, it may require the ability to travel: 40 – 85%
Competitive pay commensurate with experience and skills. Full benefits are available. Training will be offered to the right candidate. For more information on the physical demands of this position, please contact Human Resources. At JSI, you will have a career that is rewarding and challenging on every level of the organization. JSI is committed to providing our employees with:
Professional growth and development opportunities
A diverse, dynamic, and stimulating work environment
A competitive salary and benefits package
- Apply here