JSI is the consulting and broadband solutions leader for Rural and Tier II Service Providers. Over the past several years, JSI has expanded its services from compliance and regulatory consulting to business and finance consulting. In addition, with the recent acquisition of two broadband engineering firms, JSI is offering engineering, implementation, and managed services of broadband solutions. With billions of dollars of new investments every year and the critical need to extend broadband offerings across the country, the U.S. communications space has been proliferating, and JSI is well-positioned to partner with our clients to help them succeed.
To support our strategic expansion, JSI is seeking an experienced OSP Project Manager who will be responsible for leading and managing large, Outside Plant (OSP) Fiber to the Home (FTTH) and Middle Mile network design and implementation projects.
This role is responsible for successfully executing assigned OSP fiber network design and implementation projects across multiple markets, which will build our nation’s infrastructure by delivering the transformative power of gigabit fiber access to rural communities.
The OSP Project Manager has responsibility for the successful oversite of fiber design and implementation projects. The OSP PM provides direction to OSP Residents & Inspectors, who oversee the construction teams to ensure that work is completed on time and within budget, to the required standard. In addition, the OSP PM updates the entire team to strategically manage risk, monitor finances, provide the required status updates to the customer, and ensure each phase of work is delivered based on the schedule.
This role requires an individual with strong leadership, facilitation, project management, and client relationship skills. This position will partner with the JSI organization, construction vendors, and the client’s organization to plan and execute project delivery.
If you have a track record of successfully managing complex OSP FTTH, FTTX, or other construction projects, as well as solid leadership, emotional intelligence, and facilitation skills, then this role is for you!
- Oversees and drives the delivery of the overall OSP FTTH project.
- Monitor construction progress, oversee scheduling, and track budget to spending status.
- Primary interface with the client. Build strong working relationships by providing regular status updates, facilitating alignment meetings, and leading escalation discussions.
- Coordinate closely with the Engineer to ensure design plans are understood and followed.
- Manages a dynamic and complex supply chain inventory of materials and logistics.
- Builds strong working relationships with construction vendors to ensure high-quality, on-schedule, and within-budget construction.
- Managing regular meetings with clients, stakeholders, and project managers to report on project progress and manage risks.
- Ensures the detailed project plan is followed and drives the entire team to work together to achieve results.
- Comfort with fast-paced environments and regular multi-tasking and reprioritization.
- This position is integral to our vision, strategy, and overall growth plans and requires strong leadership, people skills, and problem-solving abilities.
- 2+ years of experience successfully managing complex OSP FTTH Construction projects
- Prior experience as an OSP Resident, OSP Engineer, or similar role is preferred
- Comfort in a rapidly changing environment with competing and shifting priorities
- Strong sense of urgency
- Strong written and oral communications skills, as well as listening and interpretation skills
- A high degree of professionalism and integrity
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Teams)
- Experience with AutoCAD, Google Earth, or GIS platforms, a plus
- Depending on home location, it may require the ability to travel: –10-20%
Company Culture and Professional Development Opportunities:
At JSI, we are committed to providing our employees with:
- Professional growth and development opportunities.
- A diverse, dynamic, and stimulating work environment.
- Educational opportunities.
- Work-life balance.