– NOT Remote Positions-
ABOUT JSI & OUR MISSION:
For the past 60 years, JSI has been one of the undisputed leaders in consulting and broadband solutions for Rural and Tier II Service Providers. To support its strategic expansion, JSI is now seeking on behalf of its Mid-State Consultants division, several talented Outside-Plant (OSP) Resident/Lead Inspectors.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
A Mid-State Consultants OSP Resident/Lead Inspector will be expected to be capable of engineering routine and specific outside plant work orders and providing field support to the outside plant work forces. You will be required to be on premises for BAU (Business as Usual) field work-type engineering and staking. This position will involve taking notes and hand drawing the routes where telecom facilities will be placed, which can be buried, underground, or aerial. An OSP Resident’s essential functions will include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing upcoming Fiber-to-the-Premise (FTTP)
- Staking outside plant (OSP) projects based on an engineering design
- Accurately documenting existing measurements and proposed placements
- Creating hand-drawn or computer-aided design (CAD) sketches of recommended engineering plans while in the field making notations of land conditions and other relevant structures or landmarks
- Accurately depicting new construction route opportunities on work prints/staking sheets
- Determining the ideal location for new above- and below-ground facilities and equipment
- Supervising Outside Plant Inspectors
- Ensuring engineering plans and specifications are being followed accordingly
- Accurately recording units placed each day
- Working alongside clients and contractors to ensure a project’s success
- Traveling for extended periods.
JOB REQUIREMENTS & ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS:
- Previous experience/knowledge of OSP Telecom Construction/Engineering is desired
- Working knowledge of RUS practices and terminology is desired
- Ability to read and understand maps, drawings, and diagrams for telecom facilities construction
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office programs and Adobe Acrobat
- Working knowledge of Google Earth/Maps
- Highly organized, self-starter, and detail-oriented
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication skills
- Superior time management and strong attention to detail
- Must be able to perform repetitive physical motions of bending, standing, climbing, and walking on uneven terrain. (You will be exposed to various weather conditions)
- Must provide own vehicle, but will be paid per mile
- Overtime is often required
- This position requires US Citizenship or a Permanent Resident status.
- Pay commensurate with experience and skills.
- Full benefits are available.
- We offer training and career advancement in all our open positions.