Mid-State Consultants, a telecommunications engineering and consulting division of JSI, is seeking multiple experienced Telecom OSP Field Engineers to perform field-work type engineering and staking in South Central Virginia (SCA).
These positions will perform field engineering and staking, in collaboration with the engineering design team, to produce final outside plant construction plans for FTTx build-outs. Responsibilities include planning, design, documentation, and permitting of proposed new construction for buried, underground, and aerial outside plant facilities.
RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES (include but not limited to):
- Site Field Surveying & Staking of New FTTx Infrastructure Using Integrated GIS Platform
- Geo-Accurate Design of Fiber Running Lines, Proposed Locations, Splicing Schematics, and All Final Construction Units in GIS
- Coordinating with Client to Define Specifications & Preferred Construction Methods for FTTx Buildout
- Coordinating with Local DOT During Permit Application Process to Ensure All Plans Conform to Local & State Regulations
- Coordinating with Construction Project Managers to Ensure Timely Scheduling of Final Design Deliverables and Ordering of Construction Materials
- Coordinating with Existing Utilities on Aerial Pole Make Ready
- Often extensive travel and time away from home is required
- 5+ years of experience with OSP Telecom Engineering processes and practices including practical application in the field is desired
- Working knowledge of GIS, including ArcGIS/QGIS/Google Earth, etc.
- Working knowledge of RUS standards and terminology
- Ability to read and understand maps, drawings, and diagrams for Telecom/FFTx OSP construction
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office programs and Adobe Acrobat
- Highly organized, self-starter, and detail oriented
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication skills
- Superior time management and strong attention to detail
- Must perform repetitive physical motions of bending, standing, climbing, and walking on uneven terrain. (You will be exposed to various weather conditions)
- Must provide own vehicle, but will be paid per mile
- Overtime is often required
This position requires US Citizenship or a Permanent Resident status.
Pay commensurate with experience and skills. Full benefits are available
Training will be offered to the right candidate