– Not A Remote Position-
ABOUT JSI & OUR MISSION:
For the past 60 years, JSI has been one of the undisputed leaders in consulting and broadband solutions for Rural and Tier II Service Providers. To support its strategic expansion, JSI is now seeking on behalf of its Mid-State Consultants division several talented telecom Outside-Plant (OSP) Inspectors who possess a genuine interest in providing expert supervision of construction crews to ensure construction contractors are placing fiber optic cable according to the customer’s requests (buried, underground, aerial) and engineering work prints (staking sheets).
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The essential functions of an OSP Engineer I will include, but is not limited to:
- Working on-site with the crews daily (in varied weather conditions)
- Ensuring correct depths of facilities, placement, takes sequential numbers (numbers every two feet stamped into cabling), and that the correct number of pedestals/handholes, among other things, are installed and in the desired locations
- Assisting in the establishment of schedules, co-ordination, monitoring of workflow, and assisting in the tracking of cost expenditures
- Preparing reports, documents and maintaining project records
- Resolving design and staking sheet problems in the field during construction and, when necessary, interpreting company guidelines for specific applications
- Providing quality control to ensure construction/engineering standards/specifications are adhered to
- Interacting with landowners, permit agencies, as well as other company departments.
JOB REQUIREMENTS & ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS:
- Some knowledge of telecommunication engineering/construction practices is desired
- Proficient ability to read schematics, maps, and work prints (staking sheets)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, and basic computer skills
- Previous work in Telecom Inspection with RUS experience preferred
- Must be capable of performing repetitive physical motions that include bending, standing, climbing, and walking on uneven terrain (in varied weather conditions)
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed
- This position requires US Citizenship or a Permanent Resident status.
- Competitive Wages: $39.02 an hour, plus over-time
- This is an IBEW Union represented position (Union Dues Apply) which includes AMAZING BENEFITS, such as life, health, dental, vision, with the majority 100% employer paid coverage (some deductibles apply)
- 401K plan & ESOP (100% Employer Contribution)