– IBEW Represented Company in Anchorage and the Mat-Su Valley
– Not A Remote Position –
ABOUT JSI & OUR MISSION:
For the past 60 years, JSI has been one of the undisputed leaders in consulting and broadband solutions for Rural and Tier II Service Providers. JSI recently acquired Mid-State Consultants, Inc. To support its strategic expansion, JSI is now seeking on behalf of its Mid-State Consultants division several talented Outside-Plant (OSP) Engineers.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
In general, an OSP Engineer will be responsible for the design, field notes, pricing, and drafting of both copper and fiber facilities. An OSP Engineer II’s essential functions will include but are not limited to:
- Engineering routine and specific outside plant work orders, using any combination of aerial, buried or underground cable
- Copper and fiber optic cable engineering
- Performing field visits
- Completing projects with short turnaround times
JOB REQUIREMENTS & ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS:
- Must have at least two (2) years’ experience in telecom engineering
- Must possess advanced knowledge of outside plant design for business-as-usual (BAU)
- Must have copper and fiber optic cable experience using aerial, underground and direct buried practices
- Must be capable of taking of detailed field notes
- Must possess working knowledge of basic office software, such as Microsoft Office, Outlook, and Excel
- A working understanding of the RUS (Rural Utility Standards) coding process and practices is preferred
- NDS and AutoCAD experience is preferred
- Experience assisting in ROW acquisition is a plus
- This position requires US Citizenship or a Permanent Resident status
- Competitive Wages: $48.78/ hour an hour, plus over-time
- Opportunity for travel – Company Vehicle Provided!
- This position includes AMAZING BENEFITS, such as life, health, dental, vision, and more.
- 401K plan, Money Market, and More! (100% Employer Contribution)