JSI is a full-service consulting firm, providing operational, financial, management, regulatory, engineering, marketing and strategic assistance to independent community-based telecommunications providers. With a 60-year track record, JSI’s business knowledge, experience and proven success help its clients plan and realize long-term success and profitability.
JSI’s mission is to provide high-quality financial, management, engineering, and regulatory services to telecommunications providers. We recognize that we serve the needs of our clients, and their interests are our top priority.
With billions of dollars of new investments every year and the critical need to extend broadband offerings across the country, the U.S. telecommunications space has been growing rapidly and JSI is well positioned to partner with our clients to help them succeed.
JSI has an opportunity in Maryland headquarters for a Senior Accountant. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for day-to-day accounting operations, the month-end close process, including generating financial statements, preparing account reconciliations, performing variance analysis, executing internal controls, ensuring the accuracy and completeness of accounting information and reporting financial results to management. The position reports to the Controller.
Education and Qualifications
- BA/BS in Accounting required
- CPA strongly preferred
- Minimum 2-4 years of accounting experience
- Strong working knowledge of US GAAP, including revenue recognition
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong organization skills
- Detail oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- NetSuite ERP experience preferred
- Prepare month-end, quarter-end, and year-end journal entries.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet account reconciliations and follow schedules.
- Cash receipts processing and posting
- Prepare schedules that support the monthly revenue accrual
- Assist with external audit requests.
- Prepare sale tax returns for multiple states.
- Post and reconcile payroll entries.
- Assist with monthly reporting variance analysis.
- Perform ad hoc analysis and special projects as requested.
- Maintain fixed asset schedules.
- Maintain the accuracy of the general ledger.
- Ensure all accounting records, policies and practices are processed and stored according to company practice.
- Assist with account receivable and accounts payable workload.