Our regulatory and economic policy groups serve as effective, pro-active watchdogs and actively participate in associations, coalitions, and task forces to steer federal and state policy in a direction that affords independent providers similar opportunities and safeguards as larger carriers.
JSI’s regulatory experts provide a broad range of support:
- Analyze federal and state notices, proposed rulemakings, and orders for their impact on your operations
- Assist you in complying with rules and regulations
- Prepare waivers and petitions for reconsideration of FCC or PUC rules
- Draft comments and replies to support your position, as well as plan and participate in ex parte meetings with FCC and PUC staff
- Help you deliver a direct, powerful message to your Legislators on Capitol Hill
- Assist in evaluating national and state cost proxies, review state-specific costing and pricing dockets and develop regional or independent ILEC proxies
- Provide both written and oral expert testimony on any regulatory or economic issue affecting you
For additional information about our regulatory services, contact John Kuykendall in JSI’s Maryland office at 301-459-7590 or Douglas Meredith in JSI’s Salt Lake City office at 801-294-4576.