As you experienced, 2016 was a tumultuous year for the rural telecom industry, with the long-awaited USF reform efforts finally becoming reality with the adoption of A-CAM. But 2017 could be shaping up to be a perfect storm of uncertainty for JSI’s clients. Just as the new USF reform policies and requirements take effect, a new administration and new leadership at the FCC could potentially make changes to what we thought was decided on USF, Lifeline and net neutrality.
Once again, JSI is ready to step in to prepare you for whatever is coming down the road. We’re developing a jam-packed agenda for our 2017 Management Seminars:
- Policy objectives and priorities under the new FCC;
- Comprehensive analysis of the financial, operational and compliance issues in a post A-CAM environment;
- Buildout and geocoding requirements for all rate-of-return carriers;
- Broadband infrastructure implications under the new administration;
- Understanding broadband tariff options, including the new retail option;
- New broadband privacy and ISP enhanced transparency rules;
- IP transition issues, including IP interconnection; and
- Requirements due to the Number Portability Administration Center (NPAC) vendor transition.
At the end of the seminar, you will be able to:
- Determine how the FCC’s new rules on universal service, broadband, net neutrality, E-rate, and other issues will affect your company and its operations;
- Anticipate the priorities and actions of the FCC’s new leadership;
- Plan for the upcoming transition to an all-IP network;
- Prepare for the NPAC vendor transition; and
- Effectively evaluate new lines of business.
Our seminars, led by some of the industry’s most respected experts, provide you with the in-depth analysis that you’ll need to make the right decisions for your future. We hope you’ll join JSI President Manny Staurulakis, Senior Vice President Steve Meltzer, Vice Presidents John Kuykendall and Valerie Wimer, and Director–Economics & Policy Douglas Meredith this May at one of our sessions.
Cost: $835 for the first registration from each company and $790 for each additional registration. The fee includes seminar materials, reception, and refreshment breaks.
Early bird rates: Register by March 15 and save on each registration – only pay $785 for your company’s first registration and $750 for each additional registration.
Class size is limited. To register for this seminar, please use our online registration forms (see the tabs below). If you have any questions about registering, please contact Leah Yoakum at 301-459-7590. JSI will send you a confirmation letter when we receive your registration. Online payment (through PayPal) is available, but prepayment is not required. We will send invoices after the seminar to those who do not prepay.
Cancellations must be received at least 72 hours prior to the scheduled start for a full refund; cancellations received after the 72-hour cut off will be subject to a $100 cancellation fee. Companies that have prepaid using PayPal and cancel their registrations more than 60 days after paying will be refunded their registration fees minus any penalties charged by PayPal.