JSI is hiring a Senior Policy Counsel in its Greenbelt, MD office for our Regulatory Affairs Department, which assists telecom, broadband, and video/cable and wireless clients comply with a host of federal and state rules and regulations, including assessing regulations and their impact; design and enactment of effective compliance procedures; and assistance in filing required applications and waivers. The Senior Policy Counsel will oversee a federal USAC compliance team, including a Staff Consultant and Paralegal, as well as other team members who handle USAC compliance matters. The Senior Policy Counsel will also oversee compliance with USAC’s federal broadband testing and HUBB reporting.
The Senior Policy Counsel will also have responsibilities for working with colleagues, the Vice President, and others in the firm to develop new service offerings for current and potential clients.
- JD and bar admittance
- Three to six years’ legal experience in the telecommunications industry with two years administering and advising on federal USAC programs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with experience drafting legal and regulatory documents
- Ability to work with a diverse staff across geographic regions and departments
- Strong presentation skills
- Entrepreneurial and team-based mindset
- Program and team management experience
At JSI, you will have a career that is rewarding and challenging on every level of the organization. JSI is committed to providing our employees with:
- Professional growth and development opportunities
- A diverse, dynamic, and stimulating work environment
- Educational opportunities
- Work-life balance
- A competitive salary and benefits package
Interested candidates should send a resume to Kai Velasquez.