Are you ready to work with communications providers who are passionate and excited about the prospect of bringing advanced communications and broadband services to the most rural parts of the country? Our clients are focused on providing broadband to rural areas where broadband is needed the most.
We support our clients by providing business consulting and helping them navigate the complexities of state and federal funding programs, which make delivering broadband economically feasible. Our clients look to us to assess the wide array of opportunities, the associated obligations, and strategic direction.
We have helped our clients win approximately $350 million in grant funding over the last three years. With a 93% success rate with the last round of funding from the Rural Utilities Service and 95 applications just submitted for the most recent round of funding, we are ramping up for what comes next!
Now, we are in a period of accelerated growth, providing even more support to existing clients and new clients to help them bring broadband to underserved areas!
Our ideal candidate is someone with a passion for client service, working in a cross-matrixed and cross-functional environment. You will work as part of the newly formed Grants team, helping communications companies apply for the vast amount of state and federal broadband funding, thereby improving their ability to provide more services to their clients and to expand their current footprint. This position will be remote.
- Support a team that provides advice to communications companies seeking to expand their services to new areas, develops broadband services and pricing, and implements other new services to meet the needs of rural communities.
- Monitor funding opportunities such as federal and state grants, private grants and commercial loans that would best fit the client’s needs.
- Summarize funding application requirements and post-award activities.
- Interface with state and federal computer portals to complete grant applications.
- Help clients obtain the proper authorizations to access systems including registering the company for a DUNs number and Grants.gov
- Research competitor service offerings and pricing
- Additional duties as required.
- Work as part of a team to support grant applications, development of new services, and implementation of expansion plans.
- Proofread, format, and finalize documents.
- Bachelor’s degree desired with some experience in the telecommunications industry in operations, regulatory, or marketing.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Self-starter with a great attitude.
- Ability to hit the ground running.
- Excellent problem solving and customer service skills.
- Proficiency in software programs such as Microsoft Office (Outlook, Teams, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability prioritize assignments in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- This role will have minimum billable hours requirement
JSI is the leader in consulting and broadband solutions for Rural and Tier II Service Providers. Over the past several years, JSI has expanded its services from compliance and regulatory consulting to business and finance consulting. JSI also acquired two broadband engineering firms and now offers engineering, implementation, and managed broadband services. With billions of dollars of new investments every year and the critical need to extend broadband offerings across the country, the US communications space is growing rapidly. JSI is well-positioned to partner with our clients to help them succeed.
Interested candidates are strongly encouraged to apply here.