Are you ready to work with communications providers who are passionate and excited about the prospect of bringing advanced communications and broadband services to the most rural parts of the country?
We are expanding our team to help support our telecom, broadband, video/cable, satellite, and wireless clients to comply with a host of federal and state rules and regulations and to navigate the regulatory landscape when challenges arise.
Our ideal candidate is someone with a passion for connectivity, communications, and client service, as well as working in a cross-matrixed and cross-functional environment. You will work out of our Greenbelt, MD office in the Regulatory Affairs Department, which assists telecom, broadband, and video/cable and wireless clients to comply with a host of federal and state rules and regulations.
The Staff Director/Director will:
- Proactively expand, develop, and promote new services for the Regulatory Affairs Department and our company.
- Advise and assist clients in complying with the federal and state rules and regulations.
- Draft pleadings, petitions, comments, and other advocacy-related documents.
- Oversee and ensure timely execution of all aspects associated with meeting filing and other critical deadlines.
- Inform clients of regulations by preparing or editing time-sensitive written updates.
- Develop analyses that identify key regulatory opportunities as well as risks and that provide pertinent recommendations.
- Provide regulatory advice and support to multidisciplinary teams within the Regulatory Affairs and other departments.
- Oversee research, analysis, and written work products for internal and external audiences.
- Oversee client engagements.
- Work across teams to find and implement innovative solutions in response to complex regulatory challenges.
- Train, mentor, and supervise a team of regulatory staff.
Serving as both a business and a thought leader for the Department, the Staff Director will work with team leads, the Regulatory Affairs Vice President, and other leaders across the firm to develop and roll out new service offerings for clients. This also entails publishing thought pieces, speaking at conferences, and developing and growing junior staff. This position has a minimum-billable-hours requirement.
- Advanced degree preferred (JD, MA, MS, etc.).
- 10+ years’ experience in the telecommunications industry, private practice of federal or state government, including on regulatory and/or policy matters.
- Minimum of five years’ experience managing people.
- Experience at the FCC, on Capitol Hill, or in a state regulatory body is preferred.
- 8+ years’ experience drafting and negotiating contracts, including interconnection agreements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with experience overseeing the drafting of legal and regulatory documents, the ability to make effective speeches and presentations.
- Excellent interpersonal, management, and supervisory skills with a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others. This includes the ability to assign and delegate work, problem solve, answer questions, and evaluate results of performance.
- Exercise good judgment and be extremely well-organized and self-directed.
- Maintain confidentiality and access to sensitive information.
- Ability to travel.
- A great attitude.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong data-driven analytical skills, with experience in establishing and tracking program metrics.
- Strong client service skills.
- Proficiency in software programs such as those in the Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Teams, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage and prioritize simultaneous assignments in a fast-paced, dynamic, and high-volume and ambiguous environment.
- Ability to build trusting relationships with stakeholders at various levels across the organization.
- Ability to work independently based on general guidance and experience and ability to work collaboratively.
- Entrepreneurial and team-based mindset.
- Program and team management experience.
JSI is the leader in consulting and broadband solutions for Rural and Tier II Service Providers. Over the past several years, JSI has expanded its services from compliance and regulatory consulting to business and finance consulting. With the recent acquisition of two broadband engineering firms, JSI is offering engineering, implementation, and managed services of broadband solutions. With billions of dollars of new investments every year and the critical need to extend broadband offerings across the country, the U.S. communications space has been growing rapidly and JSI is well-positioned to partner with our clients to help them succeed.
About the Regulatory Affairs Department:
The Regulatory Affairs Department provides regulatory, legislative, policy, and compliance counsel to JSI departments and JSI clients. Specifically, we provide services in three distinct areas: (1) federal compliance, (2) federal advocacy and strategy, and (3) state compliance and policy. With decades of staff expertise ranging from state public service commissions, the Federal Communications Commission, and in-house at communications companies, we advise clients, develop strategies, and implement projects for clients on a wide range of issues before both state and federal agencies and departments. We also partner with other JSI departments to identify, assess, and manage state and federal funding projects for clients.
Interested candidates are strongly encouraged to apply here.