JSI is growing, and we are looking for a Valuation Analyst with three to five years of experience. You will bring your strong analytical skills, strong writing skills, and the ability to multi-task. You value and are motivated and capable of working independently as well as collaborating with a team.
In this position you will be responsible for conducting:
- Financial analyses and modelling for acquisitions using discounted cash flow
- Market-approach and transaction-approach analyses
- Purchase price allocations
- Business unit and asset impairment valuations for telecom companies
To be successful, you will be expected to track and analyze merger and acquisition (M&A) activities, track and analyze business trends in the telecommunications/information technology industries, and maintain related information and financial analysis databases.
- Conduct financial analyses and modeling
- Perform valuation analysis on a range of mostly private telecommunications entities using accepted and relevant approaches and theory
- Design and work with financial models for discounted cash flow, market multiple, and market transaction analyses
- Independently gather data pertinent to the engagement through direct client interaction and client site visits
- Assist in preparing and presenting the results of our analysis in a clear and concise manner
- Conduct business trend and financial research in telecommunications/IT industries
- Conduct merger and acquisition activity research in the telecommunications/IT industries, including in-depth client, industry, market and competitor research
- Contribute directly to the development of proposals, presentations and publications communicated to current and prospective clients
- Perform due diligence and data site management for buy/sell-side transactions
- Bachelors and/or master’s degree required: Finance, Business Administration, Accounting, Economics, Quantitative Finance, Financial Engineering, or a related field of study
- CPA and/or MBA preferred
- Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA) or Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA) designation a plus
- 3-5 years of experience in valuation work with a strong understanding of accounting principles
- Proficient in MS Suite to include Excel and Word
- Strong analytical, comprehension and problem-solving skills, as well as strong verbal and written skills with an ability to prioritize work
Ready to talk to us? Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.