The allocation and potential redemption of capital credits is a critical component in every cooperative’s financial management process. They must weigh how much to pay out in capital credits while keeping enough cash on hand for future projects. And the decisions made as part of this balancing act also must conform with the coop’s bylaws and federal and state laws.
Our recent webinar started these very important discussions with cooperative CEOs, general managers, board members, CFOs and other financial staff. During that session JSI VP Brian Sullivan discussed:
- Capital credits and their importance to the cooperative;
- Patronage and allocation requirements and options;
- Evaluating cash needs versus distributions to members via capital credit redemptions;
- Determining a patronage dividend; and
- Other issues, including discounting capital credits.
A recording of the webinar is available for $249. Contact Brenda Cordwell in the Maryland office at 301-459-7590 for more information about this webinar or to purchase the recording.