If you are a rate-of-return carrier that is not already receiving model-based high-cost support, you have a big decision to make in the coming weeks that will affect your company’s revenue streams for the next decade (see JSI’s May 2 e-Lert for details). With your A-CAM II election decision due
June 17 July 17 (see our e-Lert about the delayed deadline), JSI recently held a webinar where our experts answered everyone’s lingering last-minute questions. As you make your final decision, be sure that you’re clear about:
- How the FCC is defining locations, both business and residential
- Possible penalties companies could face if they can’t meet their build-out obligations
- Reporting obligations over the 10-year span
- Tariff implications and what changes will need to be made right away
- Option to elect incentive regulation for business data services (otherwise known as special access)
- Additional factors to consider before making the final decision
JSI also has developed a template for those electing A-CAM II to use when they submit their letter to the FCC. The webinar includes our recommendations for properly filing the letter with the FCC. If you’d like a copy of the letter template, please email John Kuykendall.
Contact Brenda Cordwell in the Maryland office at 301-459-7590 if you’d like to purchase the recording of this webinar.