Everything you need to know about HUBB & reporting your company’s broadband locations
Rate-of-return carriers have until March 1, 2017, to submit their very first geocoded location data through USAC’s new High Cost Universal Broadband (HUBB) portal. Rate-of-return carriers’ reports must include the longitude and latitude of residential and business locations where they deployed broadband in the previous year, but there are key differences in the data required from A-CAM electors and CAF-BLS (legacy High Cost) recipients. In a recent webinar, JSI explained the new requirements so that carriers are completely prepared for the March 1 deadline.
The webinar, “All About HUBB: Prepping for the First Geocoded Location Report,” covered everything you need to know about the HUBB portal, including:
- HUBB requirements for A-CAM electors
- HUBB requirements for CAF-BLS recipients with less than 80% 10/1 Mbps broadband deployment
- Latest developments on location data reporting requirements in Form 481 for CAF-BLS recipients with greater than 80% 10/1 Mbps broadband deployment
- Common geocoding apps and desktop software, and how to use them
- Walking through the HUBB data validator
- Ensuring your data is accepted and error-free
- Requirements after 2017
- Review of the latest guidance and news from the FCC and USAC
A recording of the webinar is available for $249. If you are interesting in purchasing the recording, please contact Brenda Cordwell at 301-459-7590.
For more information about the HUBB or these reporting requirements, contact John Kuykendall or Cassandra Heyne in the Maryland office at 301-459-7590.