John Staurulakis, LLC (hereinafter “JSI,” “our,” or “we”) is committed to respecting and protecting the privacy of our customers, and business partners. Protecting your private information, or Personally Identifiable Information is our priority. Accordingly, we deploy a standard of least privilege and least access through role-based access to minimize risk. We utilize policies, controls, and evidence review to ensure our standards are understood and effective. We train our workforce and partners about their obligation to safeguard customer information and communications, and we hold them accountable for their actions.
- Personal Identifiable Information or “personal information” refers to any information that can be used to identify a specific individual. This includes information that is directly linked to a person, such as their name, date of birth, social security number, or email address, as well as information that can be used to identify them indirectly, such as their physical characteristics, biometric data, or online identifiers like IP addresses or device identifiers.
- Allowable Tracked Information refers to the specific types of data that a website or application is permitted to collect, use, and share with third parties. Examples of allowable tracked information that a website or application may collect, and use could include: User behavior data, such as website usage patterns, search history, or clickstream data; location data, such as GPS data or IP address; demographic information, such as age, gender, or occupation; contact information, such as email address or phone number; or financial information, such as credit card numbers or payment information.
- Third Party refers to any entity that is not directly affiliated with JSI or JSI’s website that is collecting or processing user data. This can include companies that provide services or products to JSI, analytics providers, or other third-party service providers. Examples of third parties that may be involved in the collection and processing of user data include: Analytics providers that collect data on user behavior and provide insights to the organization; or payment processors or financial institutions that process transactions and collect payment information, etc.
- Cookies refer to text files placed on a computer, mobile phone, or other device used to navigate the internet. Cookies transmit information back to the website’s server about the browsing activities of the user, and also may be used to collect and store information about your preferences after you visit a website.
Collection of Your Personal Information
JSI limits the collection, use, retention, and disclosure of personal information to what is reasonably necessary and proportionate to achieve the purposes for which the personal information was collected or processed. JSI also limits secondary use to that which is compatible with the original purpose of the personal information collection. You may be required to provide certain personal information to us when you elect to use certain products or services by: (a) registering for an account; (b) entering a sweepstake or contest sponsored by us or one of our partners; (c) signing up for special offers from selected third parties; (d) sending us an email message; and (e) submitting your credit card or other payment information when ordering and purchasing products and services. We will use your information for, but not limited to, communicating with you in relation to services and/or products you have requested from us. This information will be used for internal JSI purposes only and will not be shared with any third party.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
JSI does not sell, rent, or lease its customer lists to third parties.
JSI may share allowable tracked information with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. This information will not include personal information. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to JSI, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
Representative third parties include:
Vendors: JSI may provide information to our vendors who help us do things like provide services features, monitor website activity, maintain databases, and assist us in hosting; and where they may observe information about you in the same way as described herein. We also use third party vendors to provide services related to hosting the website, providing technical support, updating records in our database and sending or coordinating the sending of marketing communications on our behalf.
Marketing: The information you provide on the website may also be used by JSI for marketing purposes, such as when you subscribe to receive marketing communications or newsletters. Your information will not be provided to third parties for any third-party marketing purposes. You may choose to stop receiving our marketing communications at any time by opting out by following the unsubscribed instructions included in those communications, or you can contact us at email@example.com.
Third Party Support: While not routine, JSI may provide your information to persons or entities in connection with our own business operations, such as to our auditors or counsel, or in connection with a major change in our business (such as an acquisition). In these instances, JSI will ensure that such persons or entities are subject to obligations to keep the information confidential and use the information only for the purpose we provided it to them.
JSI may disclose your personal information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on JSI or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of JSI; and/or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of JSI, or the public.
Tracking User Behavior
JSI may keep track of the websites and pages our users visit within JSI, to identify trends among JSI services. JSI may use this data to deliver customized content and advertising within JSI to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
Automatically Collected Information
As you navigate through and interact with our website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect allowable tracked information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data, and the resources that you access and use on the website.
- Information about your device and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, domain names, access times, and browser type.
JSI uses this allowable tracked information to operate the website, to maintain the quality of the website, and to assess website usage.
The website may use “cookies” to personalize your online experience. One of the primary purposes of cookies is to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize JSI pages, or register with our website or services, a cookie helps JSI to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, etc. When you return to the same website, you can easily retrieve the information you previously provided.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the JSI services or our website.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that JSI is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects Personally Identifiable Information.
From time to time, JSI may contact you via email for the purpose of providing announcements, promotional offers, alerts, confirmations, surveys, and/or other general communication. In order to improve our services, we may receive a notification when you open an email from JSI or click on a link therein.
If you would like to stop receiving marketing or promotional communications via email from JSI, you may opt out of such communications by clicking the “Unsubscribe” button at the bottom of the email.
Children Under Thirteen
JSI does not provide services to children. Accordingly, our website is not intended for children under thirteen years of age. JSI does not collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen, does not sell any personal information, and only uses personal information for internal purposes.
Security of Your Personal Information
All JSI employees are responsible for safeguarding individual customer communications and information.
- JSI takes reasonable precautions to protect personal information against unauthorized access. JSI requires all personnel to protect the privacy of all forms of customer communications as well as individual customer records.
- JSI secures all customer personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure with Secure Sockets Layers protocol (SSL)
- JSI uses SSL protocol to protect your personal information when you interact with a third-party website (such as when making a payment). Once the data is transmitted, the third party’s policies will govern the protection of your personal information.
We strive to take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or alteration of your personal information. While we strive to protect your personal information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations inherent to the Internet which are beyond JSI’s control; and (b) security, integrity, and privacy of information and data exchanged between you and us through this website cannot be guaranteed; and (c) no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is one hundred percent secure. Any transmission of information over the internet is at your own risk. JSI is not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the website by any person or entity.
John Staurulakis, LLC
6404 Ivy Lane
Greenbelt, MD 20770
Date: May 31, 2023