Beginning January 1, 2022, the next group of rate-of-return (RoR) companies are required to start their year of pre-testing of broadband speed and latency measurements. The 2022 pre-testing group includes A-CAM II and Legacy RoR companies, CAF Phase II Auction winners, and any remaining Alaska Plan carriers. If your company falls into one of those groups, it is important for your staff to attend our webinar on Thursday, September 23, 2021, at 2 p.m. EDT. Don’t risk your company’s USF support by failing to comply with these new rules.
During this webinar, we will review who must start testing, how to test, and what equipment to use. We will also talk about how the pre-testing is going for the first group of companies, which included those companies that receive A-CAM I support. Our webinar will include:
- An overview of the rules and exactly what is required;
- How to use USAC’s Performance Measures Module (PMM), including how it will generate random subscribers to test;
- Which testing equipment is available and is best suited to different technologies;
- How to select the right vendor for your company;
- Technical considerations, such as the testing end point and other important factors; and
- Penalties you could face for failed tests and how to avoid them.
This webinar will be good for both technical and management/regulatory staff who will be involved in your company’s broadband testing process. And even though this webinar is geared toward those companies that begin pre-testing in 2022, other companies may benefit from a review of the rules and how year one of pre-testing went.