The rapid evolution of the telecommunications industry has left many communications providers facing an increasingly complex host of federal and state rules and regulations. Our team of former government officials and industry veterans is here to provide your company with the essential advice, strategies, and solutions it needs to stay ahead of these changes and remain in compliance at all times.
Our Compliance and Regulatory Affairs team offers its clients a comprehensive range of services that encompass, which notably includes:
• Federal and State Reporting and Compliance: Our team advises companies on how to comply with federal and state regulations for ILECs and CLECs, broadband service providers, VoIP providers, long-distance and wireless carriers, cable TV/video operators, electric cooperatives, and satellite providers. This suite of services also notably includes JSI’s popular TrackNow regulatory reporting tracker.
• Federal and State Policy and Advocacy: JSI helps clients stay ahead of the curve by anticipating regulatory issues, mitigating regulatory risk, and navigating the federal and state policy arenas. We also advise broadband providers on how to communicate with policymakers and build coalitions to forge a favorable regulatory environment for their businesses’ deployment and service goals.
• Corporate Transactions: Our team frequently assists companies with the critical federal and state filings that must be completed after acquisitions and mergers.
• Universal Service Fund (USF), Subsidy, and Funding Programs: Our team provides clients with strategic advice on all USF and Federal Communications Commission (FCC) subsidy programs, helps companies to develop funding strategies, and provides clients with advice on the complexities of the federal and state broadband funding processes.
• Consumer Protection: JSI advises clients on the required disclosures for broadband and video service, the location of online rates and service terms, and a range of other compliance requirements and business best practices.
• Cyber Security, Public Safety, and Emergency Communications: Our team offers a comprehensive range of advice and support services to ensure that our clients are prepared to protect against and respond to man-made and natural emergencies and disasters, including cyber-attacks.
To learn more about these essential services, please select any of the service categories listed below.