The goal of the Connecting Michigan Communities 3.0 Grant is to award grants that exclusively extend broadband service into unserved areas. The competitive grant process is technologically neutral and should result in awards based on objective and efficient procedures.
- Michigan has dedicated $2.9M
- Application deadline is November 15, 2021
- The comprehensive application includes environmental, engineering, financials and a detailed narrative
- “Broadband service” means a retail terrestrial service capable of delivering high-speed internet access at speeds of at least 25 Mbps downstream and 3 Mbps upstream
- “Unserved area” means either a census block lacking access to broadband service from at least one ISP, an area lacking access to broadband service from at least one ISP according to the most accurate and granular data on the broadband map created by the FCC, or an area delineated through the process established in the enabling legislation without at least one provider providing broadband service
- Priority shall be given to projects that demonstrate collaboration to achieve community investment and economic development goals of the area impacted, that are able to demonstrate they have the managerial, financial, and technical ability to build, operate, and manage a broadband network, the likelihood the area would not be served without state grant funding, and that the project will serve a larger unserved area or greater number of locations than other proposals
- Initial award recommendations published in February 2022 with Grant Awards Announced in May 2022
- All grant project work must be completed by September 30, 2025
JSI has the experience and proven track record to maximize your points and for you to be awarded funding above the industry average. We’re ready to help your company with all aspects of qualifying for and winning competitive funding options including:
- Determining available loans and grants
- Mapping of funding areas
- Financial analysis and preparation
- Broadband network assessment and planning
- Guidance through the full process
Please click the button below to contact one of our experts.