Changes are a result of Kari’s Law and the RAY BAUM’S Act
Telephone service providers have only a few weeks to comply with the enhanced 911 rules as a result of Kari’s Law and the RAY BAUM’S Act. Companies will need to make changes to both their networks and any multi-line telephone systems (MLTS), including hosted services, that they sell, lease, install, or manage. The requirements and deadlines vary by the type of technology and whether the equipment is fixed or not.
JSI recently held a webinar to help clients sort through the requirements, deadlines and details. The webinar covered:
- Who is considered a network provider and a MLTS provider
- Requirements for MLTS installed after February 16, 2020
- New rules for sending a notice to the MLTS’ centralized location when 911 is called
- Liabilities for companies that do not meet the requirements
- Details on requiring greater location accuracy and how to judge your company’s current capabilities
- Best Practices and education programs
Purchase a Recording of This Webinar Program
If you were unable to attend this webinar, you can still purchase a recording of this program for $249 per company by contacting our Marketing Department, either by clicking the button below or by calling our Maryland office at 301-459-7590.