More Money, But Also More Obligations
Rate-of-return carriers will once again be asked by the FCC to make some tough decisions about their future Universal Service funding. The FCC adopted additional USF reforms during its open meeting on Thursday, Dec. 12. The new rules present several options for companies to consider. Current A-CAM companies will decide whether to accept additional funding with increased buildout obligations. And Legacy companies will have an opportunity to accept a second offer of A-CAM support. Our December 12 and November 26 e-Lerts provided details of the Report and Order and Order on Reconsideration (R&O) and a Further Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (FNPRM).
To assist clients in making these important decisions, as well as covering the other major changes to FCC rules this order brings, JSI recently held a free webinar. Some of the items covered in this webinar include:
- Increased funding for A-CAM carriers in exchange for an increase in the number of locations to which the carrier must deploy 25/3 Mbps;
- An option for Legacy carriers to transition to A-CAM II support;
- Additional funding for Legacy carriers to address the budget control mechanism and changes to the mechanism on a going-forward basis;
- New buildout requirements for Legacy carriers;
- Revisions to the 100% overlap process and elimination of the competitive challenge process; and
- Changes to Legacy requirements, including elimination of Capital Investment Allowance and reduction in the $250 monthly per-line limit on universal service support.
Acquire a Recording of This Webinar Program
If you were unable to attend this webinar, you still can obtain a free recording of this program by emailing our marketing department by clicking the button below or by calling our Maryland office at 301-459-7590.