How can you impact public policy to drive opportunities and funding while responding to changing competitive and regulatory conditions?
Advocacy and coalition building may be the key to achieving your goals. By uniting with others who share your interests and amplifying your voices, you can create a powerful movement that drives real change.
States are well underway with planning on how they will administer the broadband grant process for tens of billions of dollars, including for Broadband Equity, Access, and Deployment (BEAD) and US Treasury Capital Projects Funds. These grants represent both a strategic opportunity to grow and a competitive threat to continued operations. Having your advocacy and coalition-building strategy in place is critical to participate effectively in public policy.
To that end, JSI will host an interactive webinar on the topic, entitled “Advocacy and Coalition Building: A Conversation About Shaping BEAD and Other Grant Opportunities,” on Thursday, April 6, 2023, at 2:00 pm (EDT). Notably, during this program, our team will cover a range of important topics, including:
- Providing guidance on effective advocacy and talking points;
- Establishing and maintaining coalitions to strengthen your message;
- Influencing policymakers and state broadband offices;
- Texas: An update on broadband funding and broadband mapping;
- Understanding how to shape policy issues at the federal regulatory level; and
- Planning for the grant application/eligibility and post-award phase, including lessons learned from JSI’s experience across grant funding rounds.
Featured panelists for this event will include:
- Jennifer Holtz (JSI VP – Regulatory);
- Reagan Lynch (JSI Manager – Grants and Compliance
- Guy Benson (JSI Director – Regulatory);
- Farhan Chugtai (JSI Senior Policy Counsel);
- Amanda Molina (JSI Director – Business Development);
- Jackie McCarthy (JSI State Policy Lead);
- Wes Robinson (Texas Telephone Association/Eastex Telephone Cooperative); and
- Liz Kayser (Texas Statewide Telephone Cooperative, Inc.).
Purchase a Recording of This Webinar Program
If you were unable to attend this webinar, then you can still purchase a recording of this program for $249 per company by contacting our Marketing Department, either by clicking the button below or by calling our Maryland office at 301-459-7590.