JSI to Hold Webinar on FCC Rulemakings on A-CAM and CAF-BLS Settlement Universal Service Fund Reform
In our June 28th e-Lert, JSI informed clients about the imminent release of an Order that would provide an option for rural Incumbent Local Exchange Carriers (ILECS) under the Alternative Connect America Cost Model (A-CAM) to adopt an updated version of A-CAM known as the “Enhanced A-CAM” program and allow carriers under the Connect America Fund Broadband Loop Support (CAF-BLS) funding mechanisms to receive fixed support. On July 24th, the FCC released the Order and a related Notice of Proposed Rulemaking and Inquiry that seeks comment on further reforms to the legacy and Universal Service Fund (USF) Programs.
To provide clients with our analysis and implications of those items as soon as possible, JSI will host an interactive webinar on the topic, entitled “FCC Rulemakings on A-CAM and CAF-BLS Reform,” on Tuesday, August 1, at 2:00 pm (EDT). Notably, during this program, our team will cover a range of important topics, including:
• Comparison of the Enhanced A-CAM with previous A-CAM offers.
• Pros and cons with the fixed support option for CAF-BLS carriers.
• Timing as to when decisions must be made regarding offers of support.
• Factors clients should consider as they weigh options the rulings make available.
• How the FCC envisions the future of USF based on its inquiry.
• Opportunities to file reconsideration petitions and/or comments.
If you will be unable to attend this complimentary webinar, then you can receive a recording of this webinar by registering for the webinar using the link below. If you have any questions, please contact the Marketing Department by clicking here or by calling 301-459-7590.